Business Development Manager
Cape Town – Cybercellar is one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations.
It was launched in 1998 and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce bottle store, selling a wide range of wine, spirit and alcohol products across South Africa.
Cybercellar is looking for a dynamic and passionate beverage professional to join the team as our Business Development Manager. The incumbent will use their excellent track record and networks in the wine industry, coupled with their great interpersonal and sales skills to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the wine industry. He/she must be able to source unique products, establish and manage our premium product allocations, and ensure that Cybercellar is top of mind with top suppliers and producers across the industry. He/she will work closely with our merchandising manager in ensuring that Cybercellar’s portfolio remains well balanced yet extensive, offering superb products to a wide range of customers. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for driving offline sales and VIP customer relations, and playing a training role with regards to product knowledge for the rest of the Cybercellar team.
Cybercellar is owned by Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), which builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
The role will include the following deliverables:
- Establish Cybercellar as a preferred partner and retailer for the top wineries in South Africa.
- Develop and manage wine exports
- Supplier liaison and management, including the negotiation of pricing, promotions and partner initiatives.
- Sourcing and procurement of products
- Keeping up with trends in the wine industry and ensuring that the service offering is reflective of this.
- Build successful relationships with leading customers, at top restaurants and 5-star hospitality venues, to improve brand perception and image driving sales opportunities for Cybercellar.
- Reporting on stock
- Budget and forecast sales strategy, improvement of gross margins and Net Working Capital.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role.
- Wine industry qualification highly advantageous e.g. WSET, Cape Wine Academy
- Previous experience in the wine industry with a network of relevant contacts. Sales experience is preferred but relevant experience in the hospitality industry as sommelier is also highly beneficial
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close with excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in wine export (desirable)
- Strong business acumen, data driven and numeric.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively.
- Bilingual – English and Afrikaans
- Strong MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for the Wine Industry
•Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile