Cape Town – Cybercellar is one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations.
It was launched in 1998 and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce bottle store, selling the widest range of wine, spirit and alcohol products across South Africa.
Cybercellar needs a dynamic Sales Manager to join the team.
The incumbent will use their excellent track record and networks in the wine industry, coupled with their great interpersonal and sales skills to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the wine industry. He/she will need to ensure that we get allocation of specials, must be able to source unique products and ensure that we are top of mind with our top suppliers.
He/she will work with the Merchandising manager to ensure that the portfolio is balanced.
Cybercellar is owned by Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), which builds and invests in Internet-enabled businesses targeting South African and African consumers. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, and implement global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
The role will include the following deliverables:
- Establish Cybercellar as a preferred partner and retailer for our top wineries in South Africa.
- Potentially develop international wine export business.
Supplier liaison which includes the negotiation of discounts.
Sourcing and Procurement of products
Keeping up with trends in the wine industry and ensuring that the service offering is reflective of this.
Build successful relationships with leading customers, at top restaurants and 5-star hospitality venues, to improve brand perception and image driving sales opportunities for Cybercellar.
Reporting on stock
Budget and forecast sales strategy, improvement of gross margins and Net Working Capital.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role.
- Wine industry qualification highly advantageous e.g. WSET, Cape Wine Academy
- Previous experience as a sales manager in the wine industry with a network of relevant contacts.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close with excellent negotiation skills.
- Experience in wine export (desirable)
- Strong business acumen, data driven and numeric.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively.
- Bilingual – English and Afrikaans
- Strong MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for the Wine Industry
• Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile