We’re calling the doers, the big dreamers, the curious and the adventurous. Ker & Downey Africa, an Adventure Travel Company that chases exceptional moments for intrepid souls with a luxurious edge, is looking for a confident, ambitious and experienced senior Adventurist to arrange and sell bespoke travel experiences to their growing number of high profile clients from the United States, Europe and beyond.
You will be taking on a challenging and exciting role at a fun and dynamic company; becoming a part of a well-driven, successful and passionate sales team. The company as a whole is a close-knit team and, although we have different means, we all seek out adventure, exploration and the unknown in some way or another.
We’re pretty (tech) savvy and enjoy an agile environment. We love mistakes, as long as they are coupled together with humility and honesty. And, more so, we love the challenge of finding solutions. An integral part of your role will include the opportunity to help shape, grow and evolve the sales department. Who knows how you’ll affect the other departments - just one of the benefits of working in a fun, dynamic and agile family.
● You will ultimately be responsible for converting the leads provided into closed deals
● It is an online based role that involves liaising with clients over telephone and email
● Liaising with our Product Team to create and manage itineraries for upcoming trips
● Liaising with suppliers for reservations on behalf of clients
● High service levels / high performance culture
● Flexible working hours ● Preparing quotations for clients that best suit their experience expectations within budget
● To effectively action the travel booking process at all levels, resulting in an efficient and cost conscious
● travel service delivery that differentiates Ker & Downey Africa
What traits should an Adventurist have?
● Someone who has travelled and has an infectious passion for travel
● Ideally 5+ years of decent sales experience (any field,however industry-related experience beneficial)
● This is a business to client role, exposure to selling an experience directly to clients is a plus
● Proven sales performance (track record to be provided)
● Confident and energetic personality
● Capable of self-management & self-actualization
● Problem-solving nature
● Tech savvy & comfortable working remotely
● Thrives in a high performance team
● Strong admin and organisational skills
Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission.
Flexible working conditions