Merchandising and Procurement Manager
Cape Town – Cybercellar is one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations. It was launched in 1998 and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce bottle store, selling a wide range of wine, spirit and alcohol products across South Africa. Cybercellar is looking for a dynamic and passionate beverage professional to join the team as our Merchandising and Procurement Manager. This key role will take overall responsibility for the management of the diverse and expansive Cybercellar portfolio, including procurement, category management, sales forecasting and related budgeting, and leading our small but committed merchandising and procurement teams. Building and maintaining relationships across the wine industry is an essential requirement, and the incumbent will also take responsibility for driving offline sales and VIP customer relations, as well as playing a training role with regards to product knowledge for the rest of the Cybercellar team. The role will be office-based, but there is an expectation that a fair amount of time will be spent in the industry building and maintaining relationships. He/she will work closely with our marketing manager to build successful promotional campaigns with curated collections and targeted product drives. The overall goal is to ensure Cybercellar is the preferred partner and retailer for the top wineries in South Africa, and top of mind for wine consumers.
Cybercellar is owned by Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), a privately held investment and operating company within the consumer and internet space in Africa. SIH lives by its tagline “for Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneurs”, supports entrepreneurs across the life cycle from start-up to industry winner, as well as operationally supports entrepreneurs by uplifting functional excellence and providing companies with the necessary high-risk growth capital.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
• Strategic supplier and portfolio management
• Margin and payment term management
• Sourcing of allocations, exclusives, promotional drivers for email marketing
• Management of stock movement: using a stock management tool to forecast stock acquisition, velocity and replenishment cycles to balance cash on hand and minimise out of stocks
• Management of categories and curations within the portfolio, to reflect current industry trends
• Budgeting and forecasting of sales
• Drive offline customer sales and VIP client relations
• Team management – direct reports include procurement manager and merchandising assistant
• Develop and manage wine exports
• Please note that although much of the role involves wine industry relationships, the management of stock includes the rest of the portfolio (beer, spirits, mixers etc).
Buying of the non-wine part of the portfolio is performed with assistance of a consultant.
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
• Wine industry qualification highly advantageous e.g. WSET, Cape Wine Academy
• Previous experience in the wine industry with a network of relevant contacts in either procurement role or sales account management.
• Proven merchandising and category management skills
• Strong negotiation skills • Strong business acumen, data driven and numeric with demonstrated analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively.
• Bilingual – English and Afrikaans
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office, stock management software, and ecommerce tools
• Experience in wine export (desirable)
• Ability to learn quickly
• Passion for the wine industry
•Salary will be market-related and will depend on the candidate’s profile
Contact: [email protected] with subject “Merchandising and Procurement Manager Cybercellar”
Please include CV and short cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
We anticipate substantial interest, and so will be selective in the candidates we interview.