Market leader in the ecommerce retail space with the mission of becoming the retailer of choice in Africa is looking for an experienced financial manager to lead its finance team.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking individual to join a leading brand based in Cape Town.
About the Role
Successful candidate will be someone who is able to see the BIG picture and be a partner to the CEO, yet also be hands on and get into the detail as required - this role is ‘DOING’ as much as it is managing and coaching others.
Key Performance Areas Include (but Are Not Limited To):
- Strategically managing and controlling all aspects of the business’s financial and related functions in support of operating and strategic business goals.
- Managing, analysing and presenting weekly and monthly forecasts, annual budgets, financial / business plans, feasibility studies, investment proposals, etc. in line with the strategic financial goals of the company.
- Financial insights and strategic feedback to the EXCO on gross margin analysis, net working capital improvement and cash management.
- Cost management across the organisation.
- Review, analysis and improvement of finance processes and controls.
- Managing external financial audits.
- Management reporting of KPI’s in order to respond and drive performance and efficiencies.
- Management of a growing finance team.
- Adherence to and monitoring of Group compliance and governance.
Key qualifications and experience
- CA qualification or like.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience working as a Financial Manager or related.
- Experience working within retail and/or ecommerce.
- Experience presenting financials, budgets, and comparative analysis to a management team.
- Systems implementation and change experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the process flow within a finance department.
- Good verbal, written and electronic communication skills at multiple levels within the organization.
- Proven computer literacy MS Office and a variety of accounting packages preferred.
- Attention to detail.
Salary package, including benefits, are negotiable depending on experience.