Cape Town – Cybercellar is one of South Africa's best-loved e-commerce destinations. It was launched in 1998 and is South Africa’s leading e-commerce bottle store, selling a wide range of wine, spirit and alcohol products across South Africa. Cybercellar is looking for a dynamic and passionate professional to join the team as our Merchandising Planner. Reporting to the Merchandise and Procurement Manager, this key position will be responsible for understanding and managing the portfolio on both an individual SKU level as well as overall portfolio level on a daily basis, performing stock velocity analysis, tracking margins and driving margin improvement initiatives and overall stock movement and value management. The goal is to maintain a well-balanced portfolio meeting our customers’ needs, not only matching but setting industry trends, achieved by analyzing the portfolio to identify trends and opportunities and react accordingly. This role will also assist with portfolio curation, forecasting and adjusting forecasts based on sales, as well as curating and continually updating product details including awards, pricing, and tasting notes to ensure accuracy on our website. As part of a small team, this position’s duties may often broadly encompass all portfolio related tasks in order to deliver the best possible customer experience.
Cybercellar is owned by Silvertree Internet Holdings (http://silvertree.holdings), a privately held investment and operating company within the consumer and internet space in Africa. SIH lives by its tagline “for Entrepreneurs by Entrepreneurs”, supports entrepreneurs across the life cycle from start-up to industry winner, as well as operationally supports entrepreneurs by uplifting functional excellence and providing companies with the necessary high-risk growth capital.
Please apply via the link to Workable and be sure to include your CV and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the role.
About the Role
The role will include the following deliverables:
• Management of stock movement: using a stock management tool to forecast stock acquisition, velocity and replenishment cycles to balance cash on hand and minimise out of stocks
• Management of categories and curations within the portfolio, to reflect current industry trends
• Budgeting and forecasting of sales
• Tracking of individual SKU’s, categories and overall portfolio against targets set up by Merchandising and Procurement Manager
• Full reporting related to stock management, SKU management, category performance, margin performance and forecasts
Key qualifications and skills:
• Relevant degree, qualification or recognition of prior learning based on minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
• Retail experience is a major plus
• Data driven and numeric with demonstrated analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office (particularly Excel), stock management software, and ecommerce tools
• Copy writing ability for wine listings and a keen interest in wine is a plus
• Bilingual – English and Afrikaans
• Ability to learn quickly
Salary will be market related and will depend on the candidate's profile.