Cape Town – Silvertree Internet Holdings builds and invests in tech businesses targeting South African and African consumers, with a growing portfolio of high-growth online companies. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, implementing global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
Silvertree Internet Holdings is looking for a Marketing Manager to oversee marketing operations within one of the portfolio companies.
This role will require strategic thinking, but also a willingness to get hands-on, and execute on campaigns, to make sure they run flawlessly in a small but fast moving team.
This is not just an agency management role!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives, and oversee their day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across offline, social and online channels (PPC, TV, Radio, PR, Influencer, SEO, etc)
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- Actively monitor competitors – provide competitive analysis, strategies and tactics, and have the ability to be creative and agile in response to any competitive challenges.
- Create and present thought leadership across service, brand and marketing initiatives
Key qualifications and skills:
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field
- 5 years experience in a leading blue-chip consumer FMCG, finance or similar brand-driven business, with experience in retail, ecommerce or a start-up environment very beneficial
- Proven experience in brand management and brand building as a Marketing Manager or Brand Manager
- Experience in leading multiple creative and PR agencies, as well as getting hands-on in executing campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Very numeric with a solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- A leader and team player that is very creative and driven
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
Salary will be based on abilities and experience