Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Cape Town – Silvertree Internet Holdings builds and invests in tech businesses targeting South African and African consumers, with a growing portfolio of high-growth online companies. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, implementing global-proven business models that take advantage of technology.
Silvertree Internet Holdings is looking for an experienced Chief Marketing officer (CMO) to oversee marketing operations within one of the portfolio companies.
We’re looking for a high calibre, focused individual who will be responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy for this brand across a range of products and markets, with a strong focus on creative campaigns that support the brand, and take advantage of “guerilla”, influencer-driven, social and PR-driven marketing approaches.
This role will require powerful strategic thinking, but also a willingness to get hands-on, and actually execute on campaigns, to make sure they run flawlessly in a small but fast-moving team. This is not just an agency management role!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the marketing function and to drive strategic short and long-term sales, revenue, and profitability goals
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives, and oversee their day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across offline, social and online channels (PPC, TV, Radio, PR, Influencer, SEO, etc)
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- Actively monitor competitors – provide competitive analysis, strategies and tactics, and have the ability to be creative and agile in response to any competitive challenges.
- Create and present thought leadership across service, brand and marketing initiatives
Key qualifications and skills:
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field
- 5-10 years experience in a leading blue-chip consumer FMCG, finance or similar brand-driven business, with experience in retail, ecommerce or a start-up environment very beneficial
- Proven experience in brand management and brand building as a Marketing Manager, Senior Brand Manager or CMO.
- Experience in leading multiple creative and PR agencies, as well as getting hands-on in executing campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Very numeric with a solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- A leader and team player that is very creative and driven
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
The salary will be market related and based on the candidate's profile.