Only the Brave Need Apply. We’re calling the doers, the big dreamers, the curious and the adventurous. Ker & Downey Africa, an Adventure Travel Company that chases exceptional moments for intrepid souls with a luxurious edge, is looking for a confident, ambitious and experienced senior marketing consultant to generate leads through the Ker & Downey Africa website for our range of LuxVenture® experiences. Primary target markets from which to yield leads will be the English speaking markets of the United States, Canada, the U.K. and Australia.
You will be taking on a challenging and exciting role at a fun and dynamic company; becoming a part of a well-driven, successful and passionate marketing team. The company as a whole is a close-knit team and, although we have different means, we all seek out adventure, exploration and the unknown in some way or another.
We’re tech savvy and enjoy an agile environment. We love mistakes, as long as they are coupled together with humility and honesty. And, more so, we love the challenge of finding solutions. An integral part of your role will include the opportunity to shape, grow and evolve the marketing department. Who knows how you’ll affect the other departments - just one of the benefits of working in a fun, dynamic and agile family.
Day to day responsibilities:
- The development and execution of a marketing strategy through the abovementioned skillsets and tactics.
- You will be responsible for generating leads for Ker & Downey Africa.
- Managing the overall marketing strategy of the company including SEO, PPC, Affiliate, PR/Brand-building and CRM.
- Liaising with our Product Team and Sales Team to ensure a consistent feedback loop between Marketing, Product and Sales and manage itineraries for upcoming trips.
What traits should the Marketer have?
- 5+ years marketing management experience essential.
- Successful implementation of PPC and SEO strategy and optimisation.
- Successful implementation of PR and brand-building strategy in luxury services / goods industry.
- Successful implementation of a CRM strategy targeting high LSM 10+ clients.
- Website asset management skills.
- Deep level of knowledge of digital tools and platforms, particularly Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other media buying platforms and ad servers.
- Extensive knowledge of online business models and internet/consumer technology.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- Good project/product management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Adventurous and passion for travel.
- Proven marketing performance (track record to be provided).
- Capable of working under pressure.
- Strong admin and organisational skills.
- Loves to be challenged and pushed outside of their professional comfort zone.
- Knowledge of African destinations (Southern and East Africa) will be received favourably.
- High performance culture
- Flexible working hours