Cape Town – Silvertree Internet Holdings builds, invests and helps operate tech and consumer businesses targeting South Africans and Africans, with a growing portfolio of high-growth online companies. We focus on rapid, disciplined and number-driven execution, with a strong operational focus, implementing global-proven business models. Our people are entrepreneurial and driven by learning and the opportunity to build great businesses.
Silvertree Internet Holdings is looking for an experienced HR Practitioner to oversee strategic HR topics as well as manage the HR processes for Silvertree and act as a shared resource for selected portfolio companies. They will also attend to HR document management, audit and compliance across the portfolio.
As we’re a young and fast-growing organisation, this role requires a candidate who would enjoy creating structure in a fast-changing environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage HR Administration including HR document management
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and insight on legislative and compliance matters and provide frontline advice on ER issues
- Manage the communication and understanding of HR policies and procedures ensuring effective implementation thereof
- Participate in and contribute to the HR strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Provide coaching on talent management, leadership, recruiting and key staff development plans.
- Participate in ad-hoc HR and business projects and initiatives
Ideal candidate profile:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong sense of self-motivation and a hunger to work with a team to build great businesses
- Very structured and driven to design and implement effective processes
- Demonstrated confidence and strength of character to drive compliance with HR requirements across a portfolio of companies, while building strong inter-personal relationships
Key qualifications and skills:
- 3-year degree/diploma in HR or a related field
- Proven experience within an HR operations environment
- Strong document management skills
- IR knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to execute on deliverables
- Effective communication at all levels (verbal and written)
To apply – READ CAREFULLY
Please send your CV, brief cover letter, AS WELL AS an HR exercise to [email protected]
The HR exercise is to write a brief email to an imaginary manager, describing how they should handle the situation of an employee who has missed several days of work over the last month without any explanation or warning. The email should include advice for trying to recover the relationship as well as process for proper dismissal if eventually required.
Salary will be market-related and based on the candidate’s profile and include participation in a team bonus scheme.